We are a family run business passionate about furniture and interior design.
Paul – father of the family and CEO – is enjoying manufacturing furniture just as he has been for most of his adult life.
Agata – mother of the family – always had a passion for interiors and as a result became an interior
designer. Soon after, Arthan has opened its first workshop in late 90’s, she joined Paul in the professional life as she does in personal life. They have been successfully installing fitted furniture in Cambridge since 2009 together with their sons, distant family members as well as friends and a few employees. Any new team members are always carefully chosen to help keep the high quality standard this company operates at.
With the showroom opened 5 years later, now interested parties can see the quality of the furniture even before it is delivered and completed. From the very first day, our goal was to deliver high quality furniture and services at a very decent and competitive price. Now we can proudly call ourselves a fitted furniture specialist ‘delivering bespoke furniture without a bespoke
price tag’. Come see for yourself and find out!
ALWAYS AT YOUR SERVICE
Arthan Furniture Team of family and friends
ABOUT ARTHAN ACADEMY
Arthan Academy has been operating since 2014 just after we have opened our Cambridge showroom to give specialised in job training for our employees and partners as well as all other interested parties.
Our goal is to teach and improve special qualities and abilities required in line of our work.
We do it in a form of trainings, workshops, courses and Seminars and cover a broad spectrum of subjects related to carpentry , construction and furniture trades.
Courses are sponsored by Arthan Furniture and take place in its showroom (theory part) and in the field.
One of the contractors we work with said: “This is a great idea, companies get together exchange ideas and train the workforce . I helped at one occasion with my practical knowledge and will continue supporting this initiative ”.
Our main instructors are members of our team as well as contractors we closely work with:
- Paul - CEO of the company, technical education teacher, experienced in furniture making for over 2 decades and passionate about real wood furniture, carpentry and period interiors. Specialises in period inspired furniture and architectural details made of wood
- Agata - interior designer, Head designer for Arthan Fitted Furniture, specialises in kitchens and room refurbishment interior design
- Radek - carpenter by education and practice, SEO of a construction company “Homequest Renovations Ltd” specialising in complex and complete construction, decoration and renovation to the high standards.
- Peter - architect, project manager, specialises in renovation of old houses
- Nigel - flooring contractor, owner of “Custom Flooring”, there is nothing about floors he does not know , specialises in wooden floors installation and renovation
- Charlie - painter and decorator, specialises in hand painting of the furniture and and woodwork using various finishes and techniques some of them
- Nick - Arthan Furniture senior installer, specialising in on site installations and has many years of experience in supervising furniture production .
- - Stud walls and partitions (4 participants)
- - Basic plumbing for sink and appliance installation (2 learners)
- - Modern Kitchen design (2 learners)
- - Restoration and rehabilitation of antique furniture and trim (3)
- - Replicating and matching wood finishes (4)
- - Colours and finishes in interior design (4)
- - Custom furniture design (3)
- - Modern materials in furniture making (4)
- - Lights in modern house (4 learners)
- - Traditional hand techniques in woodwork restoration- (3)
- - Shaker kitchen design (2 learners)
- - Handcrafted furniture and decorative wooden trim (5)
- - Restoration and rehabilitaion of old houses (4)
- - Traditional methods of repairing masonry, wood and metals (3)
- - Preserving, restoring and rebuilding antique metal roofs, features and decorations (6)
- - Oak timber car pod case study (4)
- - Surveying for built in furniture and interior design (5)
- - Replicating victorian house woodwork (3)
- - Smart home for beginners (6)
- - Slanted ceiling furniture construction (3)
- - Under stairs units & how to maximise storage in the house (5)
- - Traditional joints in furniture making (2)
- - Alcoves in practice . Design and built (4)
- - Sliding wardrobes styles and design (4)
- - Furniture accessories
Academy is down for Covid - we will resume after vaccination are available - assuming summer 2021.
If you are interested in any of our courses subjects or are interested in any particular subject please do get in touch .